Monday, March 19, 2012

From pants to shorts

Over the winter we slowly built up a small pile of pants that had holes too big to mend. It's unavoidable with boys. John comes home from school with a small hole in his knee, I'm lazy and don't make him take the pants off right away so I can patch them, and by the end of the day the hole is all the way across and starting to rip up his thigh and down his shin. So the pants go in the pile waiting to be turned into shorts.

IMG_4687

With the warm weather we've had lately, this project was calling out to me. I essentially took scraps of material or old clothing, used them to make bias tape, then sewed them around the bottoms of the shorts.

IMG_4685

Now we're all ready for this beautiful weather!

IMG_4754

Joe was feeling left out of the photoshoot :)

IMG_4761

You can go to the HBfabrics giveaway post from last week to see who won!

2 comments:

  1. Hi I just found your blog from pinterest- father's day shirt- and I love this idea! I have 3 boys also, awesome. Aaaannd some wholey pants in a pile on the other side of the room . . . Thanks for the idea!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...