Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hanging paper organizer

I have recently been brainstorming ideas of what to do with all the clutter that accumulates on our kitchen counter.  It drives me crazy.  Mail, receipts, projects the kids and I are working on, papers Pete brings home from work, keys, phones, magazines, bills... it all seems to pile up in one place.  And we don't have much counter space as it is.  So I came up with this hanging organizer to hold the kids papers, coloring sheets, and anything they're working on at the moment.  (This obviously doesn't solve all of my kitchen counter clutter problems... but it's a start).

IMG_5018

I'm sure you can buy something like this at a pretty low price.  But I have a hard time spending money on something that I can make using things I already have.  So I hot glued together foam core, then covered it with paper from a brown paper bag and a few pieces of scrapbook paper.  I hung it at the kids level so they can easily access their folders.  And yes, it is right in our dining/kitchen area.  I knew if I put it anywhere else it wouldn't be used.

IMG_5025

Now I just need to make one of these for all of my papers!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You did a great job. I never would have guessed it was made of foam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. StorageManiac 4-Shelf Hanging Shelves from Bizarkdeal

    I have limited closet space and storage so I am always looking for solutions that will help the situation. This is a great option! It is super easy to install with its velcro fastener on the top. It stays in place and is also pretty secure as long as you don't overload it. The picture shows hats, but it is big enough that you can use it for a wide variety of things. I have tee shirts and scarves on mine. They stay nicely on the shelf and as long as you don't overload the shelf, the shelf stays nice and even without bowing. I really like that it also makes things visible and easy to grab. Convenience is key when you have a busy lifestyle and this organizer really helps. I highly recommend it, especially if you have limited storage space.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...